Growing Condition(s) :
:- Ixora is a genus of flowering plants in the Rubiaceae family. It consists of tropical evergreen trees and shrubs and holds around 500 species.
Though native to the tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its center of diversity is in Tropical Asia.
It is commonly known as West Indian Jasmine.
The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer. Members of Ixora prefer acidic soil, and are suitable choices for bonsai.
• Ixora chinensis (Jungle flame, Needle flower)
• Ixora coccinea (Jungle flame, Needle flower, Flame of the Woods, Jungle Geranium)
• Ixora ebracteata (White Ixora)
• Ixora finlaysoniana, Ixora fragrans (Fragrant Ixora)
• Ixora hybrid Crimson Star (Crimson Star)
• Ixora hybrid Hindu Rope (Ixora Hindu Rope)
• Ixora hybrid Sea Green (Ixora Sea Green)